about this position
Title: Senior Designer
Reports to: Creative Services Director
The Mission: Design lead for dynamic live events, this role uses strong communication & impactful design to effectively realize a client’s vision. The Senior Designer translates creative goals into executable designs & works with project teams to ensure they’re represented through all phases of project development, from initial ideation to onsite implementation.
a day in the life of glue’s Senior Designer:
Here’s what they do:
- Play a dynamic client-facing role for both the pitch phase & project work
- Creatively translate a client’s message, brand, and storytelling goals into the visual
elements of a live event
- Connect with clients through discussion & illustration* to visually articulate their ideas & to
further develop concepts. *Mood boards & presentations are a must. Sketching &
renderings are a plus!
- Lead ideation & the creative development process when working with project teams
- Develop strategic visual solutions for client goals & translate them into executable
- Effectively guide & weave a client’s vision through all phases of production
- Collaborate with project teams to establish & maintain the overall aesthetic – ensuring it’s
true to the original concept & is represented across location, materials, scenic elements,
signage, and décor
- Client account management – working with the design execution team to ensure overall
creative stays true throughout a project’s lifecycle
sound like you? ask yourself a few questions
- Do I have an excellent track record of project development in a creative environment or
agency setting within the live event industry?
- Do I have proven success working with clients to help interpret & translate their vision?
- Does my background in live events span sectors of experiential, entertainment,
hospitality and/or theatre?
- Do I have a fundamental understanding of how things are built & how they work in the live
- Am I a multi-disciplinary creative with skills in the digital space & experience working with
- Am I supremely detail-oriented & thorough?
- Am I driven by the early phases of a project (pitch & pre-production stages)?
- Do I have strong interpersonal skills? Am I engaging?
glue’s Senior Designer has skills, you?
- 8+ years of design experience, plus a bachelor’s or equivalent in related field
- An expert in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, and Photoshop) & Keynote
- Proficient in Cinema 4D, Sketch Up, and other visualization programs & tools
- Hand drawing & rendering skills are a plus, but not required
still sound like you? we want to hear from you!
Your application was submitted successfully.